OXIDATION OF TAYLOR CONE-SHAPED ASPERITIES BY APPLICATION OF PLASMA IN NORMAL CONDITION
This paper refers on experimental investigations of the conductive surface treatment by applying electric discharges in impulse. We have particularly focused on the modifications of metal surface micro-geometry that leads to formation of Taylor cone shaped asperities. We have established and presented the best energetic conditions of extracting the latter from cylindrical and flat pieces made of W+10 % Re by electrical discharges in impulse. The process of extraction of cones was followed by formation of oxide nano-films. Next research is oriented on chemical analysis of oxide nano-films on the Taylor cone surfaces.
2. Stavitskii, I. V., High precision spark material processing. Scientific basis of precise materials of surface forming, ZOM, no. 6, Kishinev, pp. 5-32, (2001).
3. Gabovichi, M. D., Liquid metal ion emitters, Success of physical science. Vol. 140, no. 1, pp. 137-151, (1983).
4. Topala, P., Olaru, I., Rusnac, V., New sequences on the physical picture of electrical erosion, Collection of scientific papers, The Modern Technologies, Quality, Restructuring, Vol. 2, Kishinev, (2005).
5. Topala, P., Stoicev, P., Processing technologies of conductive materials by electrical discharges in impulse, Edition „Tehnica-INFO”, Kishinev, 265 p., (2008).
6. Topala, P., Dushenko, V., Gitlevichi, A., On the conditions of melt formation on the surface of the cathode-piece during electro-spark alloying on installations of Razread type, Kishinev, „Electronic processing of materials”, no. 6, pp.17-18, (1990).
7. Luban, R. B., Pekker, L. S., Galinov, I. V., On possible mechanism of transfer of the material from the anode to the cathode on electro-spark doping of metals. Electron spark discharge treatment of materials, no. 5, pp. 13-14, (1990).
8. Topala, P., Guzgan, D., Rusnac, V., Tehnologii de formare a suprafeţelor pentru emisie electronică, Vol. 38, Simpozion Ştiinţific Internaţional, Chişinău, pp. 196-201, (2013).
9. Topală, Pavel. Electrical charges as measure for removed metal mass the electrical discharge machining, Iasi, Editura PIM, Nonconventional Tehnologies Reviev, no. 4. pp. 103-108, (2007).
10. Vu, Quoc Ho, Takuo, Sugano, Selective Anodic Oxidation of Silicon in Oxygen Plasma, IEEE journal of solid-state circuits, vol. sc-15, no. 4, pp. 501-508, (1980).