DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A THERMOMETER WITH ARDUINO AND THERMISTOR
In this paper I will present the implementation process of a thermometer using ARDUINO and a thermistor that has a reduced cost, and is able to serve in a variety of applications. The article presents the entire development process from both hardware and software perspectives. Thermistor resistance variation can increase with temperature, or inversely, while the temperature increases, the thermistor resistance decreases. The Steinhart–Hart equation is used to derive a precise temperature of the thermistor since it provides a closer approximation to actual temperature than simpler equations, and is useful over the entire working temperature range of the sensor. Compared with traditional thermometer, the one presented in this paper is more flexible, easy to use and integrate in a variety of application, and very cost effective.
2. Oltean I.D, Componente electronice passive, Brasov: Lux Libris, 2000,
3. Rinzin Dolkar, Surinder Kapoor, Neena Vir Singh, Vikas Suri, A comparative study on the recording of temperature by the clinical mercury thermometer and digital thermometer, Nursing and Midwifery Research Journal, Vol-9, No.1, January 2013.
4. Bose Mathew Jose, Ammu Catherine Treesa, Anand M., Arjun S., Aswathy Ramachandran, Design and Implementation of Digital Alarm Clock with Thermometer, International Journal of Advanced Research in Electrical, Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering, Vol.3, Issue 2, February 2014.
5. Mahammad Dada Vempali, K. Tanveer Alam, D. Punyasheshudu, B. Ramamurthy, Design and Development of Digital Proximity Type IR Thermometer Based on Arduino unoR3, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 5, Issue 2, February 2016.
6. Nathan David, Abafor Chima, Aronu Ugochukwu, Edoga Obinna, Design of a Home Automation System Using Arduino, International Journal of Scientific & Engineering Research, Volume 6, Issue 6, June-2015 795 ISSN 2229-5518.
7. Matthew Duff, Joseph Towey, Two Ways to Measure Temperature Using Thermocouples Feature Simplicity, Accuracy, and Flexibility, Analog Dialogue 44-10, October (2010), http://www.analog.com/library/analogDialogue/archives/44-10/thermocouple.pdf
8. ARDUINO: https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software http://www.arduino.org
9. HD44780U (LCD-II), HITACHI, https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/LCD/HD44780.pdf