PHYSICAL SEQUENTIAL MODELS FOR LASER CUTTING
Laser cutting of composite materials requires improving physical models applied to laser cutting process. In setting of machining parameters knowledge of physical phenomena occurring in the material plays important role. Material penetration, cutting front stabilization origin and propagation of cutting material are stages in attaining laser cutting. It shows an association of processing parameters (power, cutting speed) with these stages. Laser beam intensity and interaction time between laser radiation and material are sizes that show the physical phenomena occurring in the material. The paper presents an application for cutting of composite materials. There was considered a similar theoretical treating of thermal fracturing of the material with phase transformation. Power and cutting speed are technological parameters set for laser cutting. The relationship between these parameters in the physical and technical conditions partial determined was studied.
2. Huang, Y., Liu, S., Yang, W., Yu, C., Surface roughness analysis and improvement of PMMA-based microfluidic chip chambers by CO2 laser cutting, Applied Surface Science, Vol. 256, pp. 1675–1678, (2010).
3. Eltawahni, H.A., Olabi, A.G., Benyounis, K.Y., Effect of process parameters and optimization of CO2 laser cutting of ultra high-performance polyethylene, Materials and Design, Vol. 31, pp. 4029–4038, (2010).
4. Kurt, M., Kaynak, Y., Bagci E., Demirer, H., Kurt, M., Dimensional analyses and surface quality of the laser cutting process for engineering plastics, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 41 pp. 259–267, (2009).
5. Huehnlein, K., Tschirpke, K., Hellmann, R., Optimization of laser cutting processes using design of experiments, Physics Procedia, Vol. 5, pp. 243–252, (2010).
6. Paulo Davim, J., Oliveira, C., Barricas, N., Conceição, M., Evaluation of cutting quality of PMMA using CO2 lasers, International Journal of Advanced Manufacturing Technology, Vol 35, pp. 875–879, (2008).
7. Choudhury, I.A., Shirley, S., Laser cutting of polymeric materials: An experimental investigation, Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 42, 503–508, (2010).
8. Yamamoto, K., Hasaka, N., Morita, H., Ohmura, E., Influence of thermal expansion coefficient in laser scribing of glass, Precision Engineering, Vol. 34, pp. 70–75, (2010).
9. Yang, L.J. Wang, Y., Tian, Z.G., Cai, N., YAG laser cutting soda-lime glass with controlled fracture and volumetric heat absorption, International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture, Vol. 50, pp. 849–859, (2010).
10. Wang, Y.-Z., Lin, J., Characterization of the laser cleaving on glass sheets with a line-shape laser beam, Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 39, pp. 892–899, (2007).
11. Nikumb, S., Chen, Q., Li, C., Reshef, H., Zheng, H.Y., Qiu, H.D., Low Precision glass machining, drilling and profile cutting by short pulse lasers, Thin Solid Films, Vol. 477, pp. 216– 221, (2005).
12. Nisar, S., Sheikh, M.A., Li, L., Safdar, S., Effect of thermal stresses on chip-free diode laser cutting of glass, Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 41, pp. 318– 327, (2009).
13. Mitsuishi, M., Sugita, N., Kono, I., Warisawa, S., Analysis of laser micromachining in silica glass with an absorbent slurry, CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, Vol. 57, pp. 217–222, (2008).
14. Kuo, Y.-L., Lin, J., Laser cleaving on glass sheets with multiple laser beams, Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 46, pp. 388–395, (2008).
15. Jiao, J., Wang, X., A numerical simulation of machining glass by dual CO2-laser beams, Optics & Laser Technology, Vol. 40, pp. 297–301, (2008).
16. Jiao, J., Wang, X., Cutting glass substrates with dual-laser beams Optics and Lasers in Engineering, Vol. 47, pp. 860–864, (2009).
17. Caiazzo, F., Curcio, F., Daurelio, G., Memola Capece, F., Minutolo Laser cutting of different polymeric plastics (PE, PP and PC) by a CO2 laser beam, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Vol. 159, pp. 279–285, (2005).
18. Yung, W.K.C., Wu, J., Yue, T.M., Zhu, B.L., Lee, C.P., Nd:YAG laser drilling in epoxy resin/AlN composites material, Composites: Part A, Vol. 38, pp. 2055–2064, (2007).
19. Nasedkin, Y., Tsarev, V.F., Zelemina I.V., Cutting of aramide reinforced plastics, Mechanics of Composite Materials, Vol. 35, No. 3, (1999).
20. Ready, J.F., Industrial Applications of Lasers (Second edition), Elsevier Inc., (1997).
21. Rykalin, N., Uglov, A. and Kokora, A., Laser Machining and Welding, Mir Publishers Moscow, 1978