PARAMETRIC DESIGN AND RAPID PROTOTYPING OF SPUR GEAR
Competitive economy in the current stage requires the development of rapid prototype of a particular product. Reducing the time needed with prototype design and construction is doing by concurrent engineering so as to achieve integration between the stages of product development. Parametric design is of interest to design pieces families, each family member being able to be designed by changing initial parameters. Making physical prototype most often involves high costs, even in case of a properly project. The paper presents a method of parametric design of wheels that make up a gear and the physical realization of the gear prototype using rapid prototyping technique.
2. Dobre, V., Barbu, V., - Îndrumător pentru proiectarea angrenajelor şi bazele teoretice de calcul, Bucureşti,(1998).
3. Nedelcu, D., Avasiloaie, R., Florea, D., Rajic, A, Applications of the Rapid Prototyping Technology to Manufacture the Pelton Runners, Analele Universităłii “Eftimie Murgu” Reşiţa, anul XX, nr. 1, p191-198, ISSN 1453 – 7397 (2013).
4. Frank W. Liou, Rapid prototyping and engineering applications, Taylor & Francis Group, US, ISBN-13: 978-0-8493-3409-2, (2008).
5. Gibson, I., Rosen, D. W., Stucker B., Additive Manufacturing Technologies, ISBN: 978-1-4419-1119-3, Springer Science Business Media, (2010)
6. Musca G., Computer aided design using Solid Edge, Ed. Junimea, ISBN 973-37-1172, Iaşi, (2007).
7. Niranjan Singh - Reverse engineering- a general review, International Journal of Advanced Engineering Research and Studies, IJAERS, Vol. II, Issue I, Oct.-Dec., p24-28, (2012)
8. Wego, W., Reverse Engineering: Technology of Reinvention, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis,(2010).
9. *** - Inspire 3D Printer - User’s Guide, Beijing TierTime Technology Co. Ltd, P. R. China, (2010).