USAGE OF MICROWAVES FOR DECONTAMINATION OF SENSIBLE MATERIALS AND CEREAL SEEDS
Nowadays, microwaves are used in more and more applications such as medicine, treatment of materials, thawing, defrosting, transmission of information and many more. New usages for microwaves consist of decontamination and sterilisation of seeds and sensible materials, such as very old books, fabrics, paintings, statues etc. In order to achieve best results without damaging the treated materials and objects, microwaves are to be used very carefully, and the treatment must observe certain parameters, such as heating time, final temperature, rate of heating, uniformity, pulse and pause ratio etc. This paper describes some of the research that has been carried out during the preparation of Mr.Ursu’s doctoral thesis, concerning these special applications of microwave treatments.
2. Deac A.V., Conservarea colecţiilor infodocumentare din biblioteci, muzee şi arhive; simptomatologia complexului de degradare multifactorial, Biblioteca Judeţeană “Gheorghe Şincai”, Laboratorul de Conservare, editat CPPC, Bihor, Oradea (2008);
3. Ursu Mircea-Petru, Cercetări și aplicații neconvenționale în domeniul microundelor, Editura Universității din Oradea (2012);
4. Research contract nr.51-082/19.09.2007 Microwave technologies used for the stored agricultural seeds quality improvement (2007-2010);
5. Sandu I., Deteriorarea şi degradarea bunurilor de patrimoniu cultural, Bunuri din material organice, vol.II, Editura Universităţii “Alexandru Ioan Cuza”, Iaşi (2008);
6. Buidoș Traian, Blaga Florin, Modular Device For Manufacturing Of The 800 W Magnetron Anodic Bodies By Means Of Electric Discharge Machining, Proceedings of the 13th International Conference Modern Technologies, Quality And Innovation: Modtech 2009 - New Face Of TMCR, Iași, Romania, vol.I., pages: 95-98 (2009)