TECHNOLOGICAL ASPECTS REGARDING THE USE OF PHOTOLITOGRAPHY IN OBTAINING MICRO-ELECTRO-MECHANICAL SYSTEMS (MEMS)
Micro-electro-mechanical systems (MEMS) include a vast area corresponding to the technological development in the last decades. MEMS are included in a multitude of areas, almost in everything that surrounds us. This aids of small dimensions and high tech are increasingly present in our daily life. The paper presents one of the most popular ways to obtain such a system, wich is the photolithography. The block diagram of the photolithography process is presented and further, the main lithographycal operations are defined and described as they are achieved at IMT Bucharest. Both the used equipment and the main technological guidance specific to each stage are highlighted.
2. Specialized Materials Meet Critical Packaging Needs in MEMS Devices, Master Bond Tech Spotlight, white paper, 2008
3. Gardner, J. W., Microsensors – Principles and Applications, Ed.Wiley, (1996)
4. Oltean, I.D., Electronic Technology, Technology of Semiconductor Devices and Integrated Circuits, Ed. MatrixRom, Bucharest, (2004)
5. Mack C. A., The Litography Tutor (Winter 1994), Positive Photoresists - Exposure, FINLE Technologies, Austin, Texas
6. Torstensson, M., „Photolithography” (http://fy.chalmers.se/~yurgens/FKA196/lab%20exercises/photolithography.pdf )
7. Benilov, A., Skryshevsky,V., Robach,Y., Cabrera,M., Micro and nano electrical discharge machining in microfluidics and micro nanotechnology, International Journal of Material Forming, April, Vol.1, Issue 1, pp,1315-1318, 2008
8. Campbell, S.A., The science and Engineering of Microelectronic Fabrication, Oxford University Press, 2001
9. Gardner, J. W., Microsensors – Principles and Applications, Ed.Wiley, (1996)
10. Ghiculescu, D. - Unconventional processing, Ed. Printech, Bucharest 2004
11. Jackson M.J., Microfabrication and Nanomanufacturing, CRC Press - Taylor & Francis Group, LLC, 2006,
12. Mack C., Fundamental Principles of Optical Lithography: The Science of Microfabrication. John Wiley & Sons, Ltd. ISBN: 978-0-470-01893-4, 2007
13. Marinescu, N.I., Ghiculescu,D., Popa,L., Lacatus,E., Banu,A., Nanu,S. - T Concentrated Energy Technologies for Micro and Nanostraturi, Ed. Printech 2008
14. Madou, M.J., Fundamentals of Microfabrication and NanotechnologySolid-State Physics, Fluidics and Analytical Techniques in Micro- and Nanotechnology, volume I, CRC Press, 2011
15. Madou, M.J., Fundamentals of Microfabrication and Nanotechnology, From MEMS to Bio-NEMS, volume III, CRC Press, 2011
16. The Royal Society & The Royal Academy of Engineering, Nanoscience and nanotechnologies: opportunities and uncertainities, 2004
17. Vijay, K., Vinoy,K.J., Gopalakrishnan,S. - Smart Material Systems and MEMS:Design and Development Methodologies, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2006.
18. Vijay, K., Vinoy,K.J., Gopalakrishnan,S. - Smart Material Systems and MEMS:Design and Development Methodologies, John Wiley & Sons Ltd, 2006.
19. Weiping Zhou, Denzel Bridges, Ruozhou Li, Shi Bai, Ying Ma, Tingxiu Hou, Anming Hu,– Recent progress of laser micro- and nano manufacturing –
20. Colin Webb, Julian Jones, „Handbook of Laser Technology and Applications” , Volume III: Applications, Institute of Physics Publishing, 2004