RAPID PROTOTYPING TECHNOLOGY AND 3D SCANNING VERIFICATION. CASE STUDY
The rapid prototyping technology allows to obtain the physical models of the products in a short time and with minimum costs, which allows the study of the designed product characteristics, before the product to be launched in the execution. Checking the products with complex shape is difficult or even impossible to achieve them with conventional methods. By development of the digital technologies, the 3D scanning becomes more and more performant and more accessible to companies. By the 3D scan may be carrying out checks for complex surfaces with appropriate accuracy in a short time. In this paper the authors present how to obtain a complex part through rapid prototyping using Fused Deposition Modelling technology and verification by 3D scanning technique. It presents a case study for a pump impeller.
2. . Behzad Zamani Kaljahi, Reverse Engineering of Pump Impeller Utilizing Rapid Prototyping Technology, Master of Science, Eastern Mediterranean University, Gazimağusa, North Cyprus, (2015)
3. . Włodzimierz Przybylski, Stefan Dzionk, Impeller pump development using rapid prototyping methods, Advances in manufacturing science and technology, Vol 35, No1, ( 2011).
4. . B. Hościło, R. Kaczyński , G. Skorulski, Rapid Prototyping Technology Using for Casting Process of Mini Turbine Runner, Archives of foundry engineering, ISSN (1897-3310), Volume 14, Special Issue 1/2014, 83-86, (2014)
5. . D T Pham and S S Dimov - Rapid prototyping and rapid tooling—the key enablers for rapid manufacturing, Proceedings of the Institution of Mechanical Engineers, Part C: Journal of Mechanical Engineering Science, 2003 217, DOI: 10.1243/095440603762554569, (2003)
6. . Di Paola F., Ingrassia T., Lo Brutto M., Mancuso A., A reverse engineering approach to measure the deformations of a sailing yacht, Advances on Mechanics, Design Engineering, and Manufacturing, Lecture Notes in Mechanical Engineering, DOI 10.1007/978-3-319-45781-9_56, Springer International Publishing AG 2017 (2017).
7. Baban, M., Baban, C.,F., Buidos,T., Stanasel,I., A reverse engineering approach for the products development, Nonconventional Technologies Review, no.1, 12-17, ISSN 2359 – 8654; ISSN-L 2359 – 8646, ISSN 2359 – 8646 (2015)
8. Stănăşel Iulian, Buidoş Traian, Using reverse engineering in obtaining spare parts for an impeller, Non-Conventional Technologies Review, No. 1/2016 pp. 51-55, ISSN 2359 – 8646; ISSN-L 2359 – 8646, (2016)
9. . http://www.zspotmedia.ro/
10. *** Shiningform XOV - User guide