CHOOSING BETWEEN DIFFERENT EDM MACHINES
Electrical discharge machining is one of the most studied nonconventional technologies. Research in the field is extremely numerous and the use of electrical erosion machines is very widespread. Most often, when purchasing an electrical erosion machine, only the machine's price and the productivity are considered. The paper shows that there are many more factors that should be taken into account, and therefore sometimes it is necessary to perform a multi-criteria analyse to decide on the “perfect” machine. The criteria are chosen by each user, depending on the momentary and perspective needs.
2. Ho, K.H., Newman, S.T., State of the art electrical discharge machining (EDM), International Journal of Machine Tools & Manufacture Vol. 43, pp. 1287–1300 (2003).
3. *** http://www.mmsonline.com/articles/trends-in-edm, accessed on 10.08.2017
4. *** http://www.strategyr.com/MarketResearch/ Electrical_Discharge_Machines_EDM_Market_Trends.asp, accessed on 15.05.2017
5. *** http://www.charmilles.ro/ accessed on 15.05.2017
6. *** https://www.alibaba.com/showroom/edm-machine-low-price.html
7. Ganguly, S., A detailed review of the current research trends in electrical discharge machining (EDM), Proceedings of the National Conference on Trends and Advances in Mechanical Engineering, YMCA University of Science & Technology, Faridabad, Haryana (2012)
8. Gnanavel, C., Saravanan, R., Chandrasekaran, M., Pugazhenthi, R., Restructured review on Electrical Discharge Machining – A state of the art, International Conference on Emerging Trends in Engineering Research, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 183 (2017)
9. Iqbal, A., Zhang, H., Kong , L., Hussain, G., A rule-based system for trade-off among energy consumption, tool life, and productivity in machining process, J Intell Manuf, 26, pp. 1217–1232 (2015)
10. G. D’Urso1, G.,Quarto1, M., Ravasio, C., A model to predict manufacturing cost for micro-EDM drilling, Int J Adv Manuf Technol, 91, pp 2843–2853 (2017)
11. Yeo, S. H., Ngoi, B. K. A., Posh, L. S., Hang, C., Cost-Tolerance Relationships for Non-Traditional Machining Processes, Int J Adv Manuf Technol, 13, pp. 35 - 41 (1997).