EFFECTS OF THE HIGH FREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD ON THE EPOXY RESIN PROPERTIES
In the paper were performed comparative studies on properties and kinetics of physical and mechanical hardening of epoxy resins subjected to the action of the high frequency and conventional electromagnetic field. The epoxy resins tested for this study are P722 and P722M. The Diaminodiphenyl sulfone was used as a hardener in the preparation of both systems undergoing experiments. These experiments were performed in isothermal and non-isothermal conditions. In both cases there was a significant increase in the fractional conversion of the microwave treated samples compared to the conventionally treated samples.
2. F.I.Hathazi, M.N.Arion, Daniela Iordache, - Microwave reticulation of epoxy resin used for single layer electric insulations, Journal of Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy, 49 (30, 2015, pp. 171 – 181, a Publication International Microwave Power Institute (IMPI), JMPEE, Volume 49, Issues 3, ISSN 0823-7823;
3. Metaxas, A.C. and R.J. Meredith, Industrial Microwave Heating. 1988: Peter Peregrinus Ltd.;
4. F. I. Hathazi, V.D. Şoproni, C. O. Molnar and M. N. Arion, Fluidizing Impregnation Epoxy Resins Simultaneously with Producing Electrical Insulations Followed by Reticulation, Using Microwave Energy, IEEE Catalog Number CFP09APMC-CDR, ISBN 978-1-4244-2802-1, CD: ID-1899, Singapore, 2009;
5. Decareau, R.V. and R.A. Peterson, Microwave Processing and Engineering. Ellis Horwood Series in Food Science and Technology. 1986;
6. ARION Mircea Nicolae, HATHAZI Francisc Ioan, MOLNAR Carmen Otilia, SOPRONI Vasile Darie, Aspects Regarding the Numerical Modeling of the Electromagnetic Induction Heating Process Used for Hot Deformation of Semi-finished Parts, Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ISSN: 1844-6035, Vol.7, Nr.2,May, oct 2014, pp. 5-8;
7. Zhang, Z., et al., Chemical recycling of waste polystyrene into styrene over solid acids and bases. Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 1995. 34(12): p.4514-4519;
8. ARION Mircea, HATHAZI Francisc Ioan, “The numerical computation of coupled problem for the electromagnetic and thermal field within the hardening processes of valve guides through electromagnetic induction”, Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Vol.5, Nr.2,October, 2012, pp. 21-24;
9. Wei, J., M.C. Hawley, and M.T. Demeuse, Kinetics modeling and timetemperature-transformation diagram of microwave and thermal cure of epoxy resins. Polymer Engineering and Science, 1995. 35(6): p. 461-470;
10. Arion, M.N., Hathazi, F.I., Soproni, D., Molnar, C.O. – Study regarding the electromagnetic field into microwave drying equipments, Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, ISSN: 18446035, Volume 3, Issue 1, 2010, Pages 21-24
11. K. P. Unnikrishnan and Eby Thomas Thachil,. Blends of epoxy and epoxidised novolac resins, Journal of Elastomers and Plastics, Vo1.37, No. 4, 347-359, 2005;
12. K.P.Unnikrishnan and Eby Thomas Thachil, Polymer-Plastics, Technology and Engineering (In press. PPTE # 206902065);
13. Effect of phenol/formaldehyde stoichiometry on the modification of epoxy resin using epoxidised novolacs, K.P.Unnikrishnan and Eby Thomas Thachil, International Journal of Polymeric Materials (Accepted. GPOM-6613 8);
14. K.P. Unnikrishnan and Eby Thomas Thachil, Studies on the modification of commercial epoxy resin using cardanol based phenolic resins, Journal of Elastomers and Plastics (Communicated id.,# JEP 4344).