PREDICTIBILITY OF PROCESS PARAMETERS FOR OXYGEN ASSISTED LASER CUTTING OF STEELS IN INDUSTRIAL APPLICATIONS
Oxygen assisted laser cutting is a technological process which is achieved by reaching physical conditions which allow penetration of the steel plate by melting, stabilizing a cutting front and its propagation in the material in the feed direction. Parameters achieve a certain cutting process depends on technological laser system used. The paper presents models showing face to face some of the cutting process parameters with the end result of the process, which is the cut. The main concern is for parameters that control irradiation. This is to achieve predictability of the laser cutting process applicable under industrial conditions.
2. Ambar Choubey, R.K. Jain, Sabir Ali, Ravindra Singh, S.C. Vishwakarma, D.K. Agrawal, R.Arya, R.Kaul , B.N. Upadhyaya, S.M. Oak, Studies on pulsed Nd:YAG laser cutting of thick stainless steel in dry air and under water environment for dismantling applications, Optics & Laser Technology 71 pp, 6–15, (2015).
3. Shang-Liang Chen, The effects of high-pressure assistant-gas flow on high-power CO2 laser cutting, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 88 pp. 57–66, (1999).
4. W. O’Neill, J. T. Gabzdy, New developments in laser-assisted oxygen cutting, Optics and Lasers in Engineering 34 pp. 355–367, (2000).
5. A. Lamikiz, L. N. Lopez de Lacalle, J. A. Sanchez D. del Pozo J.M. Etayo J.M. Lopez, CO2 laser cutting of advanced high strength steels (AHSS), Applied Surface Science 242 pp. 362–368, 2005
6. Cihan Karatas, Omer Keles, Ibrahim Uslan, Yusuf, Laser cutting of steel sheets: Influence of workpiece thickness and beam waist position on kerf size and stria formation, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 172 pp. 22–29, (2006).
7. Heidenreich, B., Jueptner, W. and Sepold, G., Fundamental investigations of the burn-out phenomenon of laser cut edges, Lasers in Engineering, Vol.5 No.1, pp.1-10, (1996).
8. Julien Cristophe, Philipe Panquart, Diagnostics for laser cutting efficiency using computational fluid dynamics, Procedia Manufacturing 29 pp. 375-382, (2019).
9. Andreas Wetzig, Patrick Herwig, Jan Hauptmann, Robert Baumann, Peter Rauscher, Michael Shlosser, Thoms Pinder, Cristoph Leyens, Fast Laser Cutting of Thin Metal, Procedia Manufacturing 29 pp. 369-374, (2019).
10. M. Boujelbene, Influence of the CO2 laser cutting process parameters on the Quadratic Mean Roughness Rq of the low carbon steel, Procedia Manufacturing 20 pp. 259-264, (2018).
11. R. Karthikeyan, V.Senthilkumar, Dr. M. Thilak, A. Nagadeepan, Application of Grey Relational Analysis for Optimization of Kerf quality during CO2 laser cutting of Mild Steel, Materials Today: Proceedings 5 pp. 19209–19215, (2018).
12. Parthiban, M Chandrasekaran, V Muthuraman, S Sathish, Optimization of CO2 Laser Cutting of Stainless Steel Sheet for Curved Profile, Materials Today, Proceedings 5 pp. 14531–14538, (2018).
13. Goncalo Costa Rodrigues, Vitalii Vorkov, Joost R. Duflou, Optimal laser beam configuration for laser cutting of metal sheets, Procedia CIRP 74 pp. 714-718, (2018).
14. Hitoshi Ozaki, Minh Quang Le, Hiroshi Kawakami, Jippei Suzuki, Yousuke Uemura,Yuichiro Doi, Masami Mizutani, Yousuke Kawahito, Real-time observation of laser cutting fronts by X-ray transmission, Journal of Materials Processing Technology 237 pp. 181–187 , (2016).
15. Jetro Pocorni, J ohnPowell, Eckard Deichsel, Jan Frostevarg, Alexander F.H. Kaplan, Fibre laser cutting stainless steel: Fluid dynamics and cut front morphology, Optics & Laser Technology 87, pp. 87–93, (2017).
16. Jae Sung Shin , Seong Yong Oh, Hyunmin Park, Chin-Man Chung, Sangwoo Seon, Taek-Soo Kim, Lim Lee, Byung-Seon Choi, Jei-Kwon Moon, High-speed fiber laser cutting of thick stainless steel for dismantling tasks, Optics and Laser Technology 94 pp. 244–247, (2017).
17. A. Riveiro, F. Quintero, J.del Val, M. Boutinguiza, R. Comesana, F. Lusquinos, J. Pou, Laser cutting using off-axial supersonic rectangular nozzles, Precision Engineering 51 pp. 78–87, (2018).