SIGNIFICANT ENHANCE OF THE INDIRECT MICROWAVE HEATING YIELD IN THE FOAMING PROCESS OF GLASS WASTE
The paper contains testing results of an intensification method of the remarkable microwave absorbing capacity of a silicon carbide crucible coated with a yttrium oxide layer, applied in the sintering/ foaming process of the glass waste. Using the same type of microwave oven and same composition of raw material and foaming agent as in previous tests, the functional parameters of the process were significantly enhanced without altering the characteristics of products made by known conventional and nonconventional techniques.
2. Paunescu, L., Axinte, S. M., Grigoras, B. T., Dragoescu, M. F., Fiti, A., Testing the use of microwave energy to produce foam glass, European Journal of Engineering and Technology (EJET), Vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 8-17, (2017).
3. Dragoescu M. F., Paunescu, L., Axinte, S. M., Fiti, A., Foam glass with low apparent density and thermal conductivity produced by microwave heating, European Journal of Engineering and Technology (EJET), Vol. 6, no. 2, pp. 1-9, April (2018).
4. Dragoescu, M. F., Paunescu, L., Axinte S. M., Fiti, A., Simulation foam glass production in a tunnel furnace powered with microwave, International Journal of Innovative Science and Research Technology, Vol. 3, no. 1, pp. 718-722, January (2018).
5. Dragoescu, M. F., Paunescu, L., Axinte S. M., Fiti, A., Influence of the color of bottle glass waste on the characteristics of foam glass produced in microwave field, International Journal of Science and Engineering Investigations, Vol. 7, no. 72, pp. 95-100, January (2018).
6. Chen, H. R., Lee, Y. C., Chen, G. H., Chen, Y. H., Microwave dielectric properties and microstructures of Y2O3-doped Bi2Mo2O9 ceramics, Ferroelectrics, Vol. 434, no. 1, January (2012). https://www.researchgate.bet/publication/
7. Klein, P. H., Croft, W. J., Thermal conductivity, diffusivity and expansion of Y2O3, Y3Al5O12 and LaF3 in the range 77-300 K, Journal of Applied Physics, Vol. 38, no. 4, pp. 1603, (1967).
8. Caramizi/ forme fasonate din carbura de siliciu. http://ww.insulheat.ro/CARAMIZI.doc
9. Manual of weighing applications. Part 1. Density, (1999).
10. Anovitz, L. M., Cole, D. R., Characterization and analysis of porosity and pore structures, Review in Mineralogy & Geochemistry, Vol. 80, (2015).
11. ISO 719: 1985 (reviewed and confirmed in 2011), Glass-Hydrolytic resistance of glass grain at 98 ºC-Method of test and classification.
12. Calculation of the chemical durability (hydrolytic class, corrosion) of glass. http://glassproperties.com/chemical_durability
13. Paunescu, L., Dragoescu, M. F., Axinte, S. M., Sebe, A. C., Glass foam from borosilicate glass waste produced in microwave field, Nonconventional Technologies Review, Vol. 23, no. 1, pp. 8-12, (2019).
14. Paunescu, L., Dragoescu, M. F., Axinte, S. M., Paunescu B. V., Heat-insulating, fireproof and waterproof materials produced by recycling glass waste in microwave field, Constructii, Vol. 19, no. 1-2, pp. 59-64, (2018).