STUDY OF ELECTROCHEMICAL BEHAVIOR AND SMOOTHING OF ADVANCED ALLOY TI6AL4V WITH ULTRASONIC WAVES
This research deals with the electrochemical behavior of the advanced material Ti6Al4V in 5% NaCl electrolyte solution as well as the smoothing of the semi-finished front surface by the ultrasonic cyclic stress-inducing effect on the microgeometry peaks. Laboratory experiments were carried out on the estimation of electrochemical parameters in relation to the studied material. The smoothing of the front surface was made by varying the distance between it and the end of the ultrasonic chain and also the energy consumption on the ultrasonic chain. Computerized models were developed using the finite element method of the material removal mechanism using ultrasounds, aiming to explain the specific phenomena of ultrasonic cavity in electrolytic environment.
2. *** TiAl6V4 Titanium Alloy, available at: http://www.arcam.com/wp-content/uploads/Arcam-Ti6Al4V-Titanium-Alloy.pdf, accessed at:4.01.2019.
3. Inagaki I., Takechi T., Shirai Y., Ariyasu N., Application and Features of Titanium for the Aerospace Industry, Nippon steel & Sumitomo metal technical report no. 106, 2014, available at: http://www.nssmc.com/en/tech/report/nssmc/pdf/106-05.pdf, accessed at: 4.01.2019.
4. *** Titanium TI-6AL-4V Properties & Common Uses, 2016, available at: https://titaniumprocessingcenter.com/titanium-ti-6al-4v-properties-common-uses/, accessed at: 4.01.2019.
5. *** Titanium Ti-6Al-4V (Grade 5), Annealed available at: http://asm.matweb.com/search/SpecificMaterial.asp?bassnum=mtp641, accessed at: 4.01.2019.
6. *** Titanium Alloys - Ti6Al4V Grade 5, available at: https://www.azom.com/properties.aspx?ArticleID=1547, accessed at: 4.01.2019.
7. Soare, O., Lepădatu, D., Vălu, T., Dobre, D., The Influence of ultrasonic field on the behavior of corrsosion of Ti alloyes in sea environment (in Romanian), Scientific Session – Polytechnic University of Bucharest, (2018).
8. Ghiculescu, D., Computer aided engineering and machining of nonconventional processes (in Romanian), Printech, Bucharest, (2013).
9. Drobotă, V., Materials resistance (in Romanian), Didactic and Pedagogical, Bucharest, (1983).