MODULAR EQUIPMENT FOR ELECTROCHEMICAL DEBURRING
The paper deals with the development of a prototype modular equipment for electrochemical deburring to be used in case of small and medium size workpieces that can be machined just on the worktable of the equipment, but mainly in case of large parts, when the mobility and modular characteristics become of high weight because the machining takes place in situ. The main problems approached are anticipating and calculating the size, and the shape of the burrs, removing them evenly and creating a process and product that minimizes and controls the size of the burrs. Aspects concerning the conceptual and the detailed design, the simulations related to the primary current distribution using dedicated program COMSOL Multiphysics, which allows the control of the deburring process are presented. These issues are of the utmost importance for this stage of a prototype.
2. Electrochemical deburring, available at https://me-mechanicalengineering.com/electrochemical-deburring-and-grinding / (accessed 09.04.2020)
3. Muhammer Kör -MB Trading - Possibilities of electrochemical processing (Brochure STOBA)
4. Marinescu N.I. et al., Tratat de Tehnologii Neconvenționale. Vol.4, Prelucrarea prin eroziune electrochimică. Printech, ISBN (13) 978-973-718-613-3, Bucharest, 2006.
5. TRIZ Method available at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TRIZ, (accessed 30.05.2020)
6. Basic phenomena occurring during in the deburring process, available at https://me-mechanicalengineering.com/electrochemical-deburring-and-grinding/ (accessed 21.05.2020)
7. Current distribution interface use, available at https://www.comsol.com/blogs/current-distribution-interface-use/ (accessed 30.05.2020)
8. COMSOL Electrochemistry Module, available at https://www.comsol.com/electrochemistry-module (accessed 23.05.2020)
9. Chetan Prabhakar PURAV, Deburring tool head, Australia, AU 2016101408 A4, 2016
10. Bin Wei, Clifton Park for General Electric Company, Electrochemical Deburring or Radiusing, USA, US OO6139715 A, 2000
11. Li Jian Zhu Xunpeng Guo Yanling Yuan Weijie
Portable and automatic electrochemical deburring device, China, CN105269093A, 2014
12. Electrochemical deburring (ECM) available at https://extrudehone.com/electrochemical-deburring-ecm, accessed 09.01.2019
13. ECM Deburring equipment Sermatec, available at http://www.sermatec.com/en-223-home.html (accessed 09.05.2020)
14. ECM Deburring equipment EMAG, available at https://www.emag.com/technologies/pecm.html, (accessed 09.05.2019)
15. ECM Deburring equipment Extrude Hone, available at https://extrudehone.com/products/electrochemical-machining-ecm (accessed 09.05.2020)
16. ECM Deburring equipment MetaTECH, available at http://www.metatechind.com/html/ecm.html, (accessed 09.05.2019)
Copyright (c) 2020 Gabriela Marina Ene, Alexandra Daniela Coțofană, Liviu Daniel Ghiculescu
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.