STUDY ABOUT ALUMINIUM ETCHING
Chemical etching is a micro-machining manufacturing process to produce micron-size components by applying of a chemical etching solution to remove unwanted part in the work-piece material. In this study aluminium was etched by different chemical agents (acid and base solution). The effects of selected chemical etching agents on depth of etch as well as the etch rate was investigated for aluminium.
2. Brett, C.M.A, On the electrochemical behaviour of aluminium in acidic chloride solution, Corrosion Science, vol.33, (1992);
3. Çakir, O., Chemical etching of aluminium, Journal of Materials Processing Technogy, Dicle University, Diyarbakir, Turkey, (2007);
4. Deepa, Prahabu, Rao, Corrosion Corrosion behaviour of 6063 aluminium alloy in acidic and alkaline media, Arabian Journal of Chemistry,vol.10, (2017);
5. Lendeink H.J.W., Linden, J.H., Corrosion of aluminium in acidic and neutral solutions, Electrochim. Acta, 38, (1993);
6. Moon and Pyun, The formation and dissolution of anodic oxide films on pure aluminium in alkaline solution, Electrochemical Acta, 44, pp.2445-2452, (1999);
7. Nichici, A., Popovici, V., Achimescu, N., Processing by erosion in machines construction, Ed.Facla, Timisoara, (1993);
8. Wernick S., Pinner, R., Sheasby, P.G., The surface treatment and finishing of aluminium and its alloys, ASM International, Ohio, 1, p.935, (1987);
9.***, Aluminum etching, www.microchemicals.eu., (2013).