REVIEW OF THE NONCONVENTIONAL MANUFACTURING WORK PREPARATION FOR WIRE EDM MACHINING
With the improvement of the technological processing system, improvement massively directed towards increasing their amount of removed material, the distance between the productivity of EDM processing and the productivity of other conventional processes is constantly decreasing. This has led to an improvement in the technological relationship of EDM processing compared to other processing processes. This paper presents the process of preparing manufacturing work for wire EDM machines used to produce extrusion dyes based on digital engineering data. The final part of the paper argues that EDM is the technological process of dimensional processing that will require the development of many areas of human existence, through the possibilities of this technology to solve major material problems.
2. Patel,J.D., Maniya, K.D. A Review on: Wire cut electrical discharge machining process for metal matrix composite, Procedia Manufacturing, Vol.20, 2018, pp 253-258, (2018).
3. Dwaipayan D., Nandi, T. Bandyopadhyay, A. Analysis of machining parameters for wire cut electrical discharge machining of pure titanium using response surface methodology, Materials Today: Proceedings, Vol. 5, Issue 2, Part 1, pp. 5374-5383, (2018).
4. Kumar, D., Singh, N.K. & Bajpai, V. Recent trends, opportunities and other aspects of micro-EDM for advanced manufacturing: a comprehensive review. J Braz. Soc. Mech. Sci. Eng. 42, 222 (2020).
5. Gotoh H., Tani T., Mohri N. EDM of insulating ceramics by electrical conductive surface layer control. Procedia CIRP, (2016).
6. Algodi S.J., Murray J.W., Fay M.W., Clare A.T., Brown P.D. Electrical discharge coating of nanostructured TiC-Fe cermets on 304 stainless steel. Surf Coat Technol 307:639–649, (2016).
7. Raju L., Hiremath S.S. A state-of-the-art review on micro electro-discharge machining. Procedia Technol 25:1281–1288, (2016).
8. Chiou A.H., Tsao C.C., Hsu C.Y. A study of the machining characteristics of micro EDM milling and its improvement by electrode coating. Int J Adv Manuf Technol 78:1857–1864, (2015).
9. Luis C.J., Puertas I., Villa G. Material removal rate and electrode wear study on the EDM of silicon carbide. J Mater Process Technol 164–165:889–896, (2005).
10. Katiyar J.K., Sharma A.K., Pandey B. Synthesis of iron-copper alloy using electrical discharge machining. Mater Manuf Process, (2018).
11. Ho K.H., Newman S.T. State of the art electrical discharge machining (EDM). Int J Mach Tools Manuf 43:1287–1300, (2003).
12. Kumar P., Singh P.K., Kumar D., Prakash V., Hussain M., Das A.K. A novel application of micro-EDM process for the generation of nickel nanoparticles with different shapes. Mater Manuf Process. https://doi.org/10.1080/10426914.2016.1244832, (2017).
13. Mohd Abbas N., Solomon D.G., Fuad Bahari M. A review on current research trends in electrical discharge machining (EDM). Int J Mach Tools Manuf 47:1214–1228, (2007).
14. Peng Z., Wang Z., Dong Y., Chen H. Development of a reversible machining method for fabrication of microstructures by using micro-EDM. J Mater Process Technol 210:129–136, (2010).
15. Mastud S.A., Kothari N.S., Singh R.K., Joshi S.S. Modeling debris motion in vibration assisted reverse micro electrical discharge machining process (R-MEDM). J Mircoelectromech Syst 24:661–677, (2015).
16. Ghiculescu D., Marinescu N., Ghiculescu D., Nanu S Aspects of finite element analysis of microdrilling by ultrasonically aided EDM and related knowledge management. Appl Mech Mater 371:215–219, (2013).
17. Pop, G.I., Țîțu, A.M., Cupșan, V.C. Nonconventional manufacturing work preparation for wire edm machining, Nonconventional Technologies Review, Romania, June, pp. 41-46, (2019).
Copyright (c) 2021 Gheorghe Ioan Pop, Mihail Aurel Titu
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.