REQUIREMENTS AND SOLUTIONS FOR A DEVICE FOR WIRE ELECTRICAL DISCHARGE MACHINING
Rectilinear kerfs in workpieces made of hard electroconductive materials can be made by wire erosion electrical discharge machining. However, since machine tools intended for such machining are rarer and more expensive, the problem of using devices for wire electrical discharge machining, but adaptable to ram electrical discharge machines, has been formulated. The identification of the functional requirements for such a device in accordance with the principles of axiomatic design led to the defining of a device solution flexible enough to be able to be adapted to different machining conditions. In the constructive solution of the device were incorporated subsystems for pulling and guiding the wire electrode, for changing the angular position of the wire electrode in the machining. The realization and preliminary experimentation of the device led to the formulation of some suggestions for improving the constructive solution of the device.
2. Gavrilaș, I., Marinescu, N.I., Nonconventional technologies. Laboratory handbook (in Romanian). Bucharest, Romania, Institutul Politehnic, (1983).
3. Ghiculescu, D., Nonconventional machinings (in Romanian). Bucharest, Romania, Editura Printech, (2004).
4. Sommer, C. Non-traditional machining handbook, Houston, U.S.A, Advance Publishing, Inc., (2000).
5. Tăbăcaru, V., Banu, M., Electrical erosion (in Romanian), Galaţi, Romania, Evrika, (2002).
6. Țîțu, M., Nanu, D., Fundamentals of machining using concentrated energies (in Romanian), Sibiu, Romania, Editura Universității “Lucian Blaga”, (2002).
7. Udrea, T., Device for wire electrical discharge machining. Diploma project (in Romanian), Iaşi, Polytechnic Institute, (1980).
8. Slătineanu, L., Oprişor, M.S., Nonconventional technologies. Laboratory handbook (in Romanian), Iaşi, Polytechnic Institute, (1990).
9. Bosoancă, G., Theoretical and experimental contributions to the study of the electrical discharge machining process using a wire electrode (in Romanian),. Iaşi, Romania, “Gheorghe Asachi” Technical University of Iaşi, (2020).
10. Bosoancă, G., Slătineanu L., Coteață, M., Badanac, A., Application of the ideas diagram method for designing a device for wire electrical discharge machining, Applied Mechanics and Materials, Vols. 809-810, pp. 393-398, (2015).
11. Bosoancă, G., Slătineanu, L., Device for wire electrical discharge machining (in Romanian). Patent Romania, no. RO 131210 A2, (2014).
12. Bostan, I., Mazuru, S., Vaculenco, M., Trifan, N., Process of electrical discharge machining of parts with complicated contour and oblique surfaces (in Romanian). Republic of Moldova Patent, no. MD 2674, (2002).
13. Tian Z., Liu Z., Xu, C., Electrode wire reciprocating progressive type wire winding method and device for WEDM (wire cut electrical discharge machining). China patent no. CN105195843A, (2015).
14. Suh, N. P., Axiomatic design: Advances and applications, New York, U.S.A., Oxford University Press, (2001).
Copyright (c) 2021 Laurentiu Slatineanu, Margareta Coteata, Gheorghe Bosoanca, Oana Dodun, Adelina Hirtuc, Irina Besliu, Sergiu Mazuru
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.