THE USE OF CAD CAM APPLICATIONS IN THE DESIGN AND MANUFACTURE OF BLOW MOLDS
Molds are an important piece of equipment in the production process due to the advantages they provide. Through development of computing systems, the performances of design and manufacturing applications have increased, allowing the design and production of products with increasingly complex shapes. Plastics products are used in the most diverse fields, from household products to parts for various industries. As a result of increasing customer demand, companies have to improve their design and manufacturing processes to ensure product quality and performance, and to increase the efficiency of production processes. Software applications have played an important role in the design simulation and manufacturing process of molds. Due to the complexity of the processes, product quality assurance cannot be predicted without design simulation and optimization applications and monitoring of production process parameters. In this paper the design and manufacture of blow mold for a plastic container is presented. The main design and manufacturing steps are presented using CAD-CAM applications.
2. K. M. Au, K. M. Yu, T Conformal cooling channel design and CAE simulation for rapid blow mould, Int J Adv Manuf Technol, 66, pp. 311-324, (2013).
3. Dariusz Kwiatkowski, Michał Modławski, Tomasz Jaruga, Design of flash pocket inserts in an extrusion blow mould based on the results of numerical simulations, Procedia Engineering, 177, pp. 127-134, (2017).
4. Rahmat Satoto, Junko Morikawa and Toshimasa Hashimoto, Thermally stimulated current studies on molecular relaxation and blow moulding of polyethylene terephthalate, Polymer International, 48, pp. 509-514, (1999).
5. R. E. Khayat, A. Derdouri, Inflation of hyperelastic cylindrical membranes as applied to blow moulding. Part i. Axisymmetric case, International Journal For Numerical Methods In Engineering, 37, pp. 3773-3791, (1994).
6. M. Bordival, Y. Le Maoult, F.M. Schmidt, Optimisation of Preform Temperature Distribution For the Stretch-Blow Moulding of PET Bottlesse, Int J Mater Form, Suppl 1, pp.1023–1026, (2008).
7. C.W. Tan, G.H. Menary, Y. Salomeia, C.G. Armstrong, M. Picard, N. Billon, E.M.A.Harkin-Jones, P.J. Martin, K. Maheshwari, Modelling of the Injection Stretch Blow Moulding of PET Containers via a Pressure-Volume-time (PV-t) Thermodynamic Relationship, Int J Mater Form, Suppl 1, pp.799–802, (2008).
8. Y. Bereaux, J.Y. Charmeau, J. Balcaen, M. Chailly, On-line optical measurement of parisons in blow moulding, Int J Mater Form, Suppl 1, pp.675–678, (2008).
9. Y. Bereaux, J-Y. Charmeau, J. Balcaen, Optical Measurement And Numerical Simulation Of Parison Formation In Blow Moulding, Int J Mater Form, Vol. 3 Suppl 1, pp.595 – 59, (2010).
10. E. Deloye, J-M. Haudin, N. Billon, Influence of chemical architecture of PET on ability to stretch blow moulding, Int J Mater Form, Suppl 1, pp.715–718, (2008).
11. Yannis M. Salomeia, Gary H. Menary, Cecil G. Armstrong, Instrumentation And Modelling Of The Stretch Blow Moulding Process, Int J Mater Form, Vol.3, pp.591-594, (2010).
12. Shan Li,Liang Xu, Yuqi Wang, Design and NC Manufacturing of Plastic Injection Mold Based on UG Software, Advanced Materials Research, Vol.630, pp.163-166, (2013).
13. Jie Liu, Zuo Jing Liu, Ming Zhang, EDM Surface Strengthening Research on Rubber Mold, Key Engineering Materials, Vol.561, pp.291-295, (2013).
14. Ruixiang Wang, Ryoji Kitada, Ryota Toshimitsu, And Akira Okada, Improvement of Surface Characteristics for Long Life of Metal Mold by EDM in Chromium Powder Mixed Working Fluid, International Journal of Electrical Machining, No.22, pp.26-30, (2017).
15. A. Attar, N. Bhuiyan, Vince Thomson, Manufacturing in blow molding: Time reduction and part quality improvement, Journal of materials processing technology, Vol.204, pp.284-289, (2008).
16. Corb Flaviu, Ralph Veres, Caius Stanasel , Dorin Robert Luca, CAD-CAMm Systems Used For Designing And Manufacturing Of An Electrode Used For Threading By Means Of Electrical Errosion, Nonconventional Technologies Review, March, pp.25-29, (2022).
17. Buidoș T., Stănășel I., Groza M.D., CAD-CAM systems used for design and realization of the electrodes, o\Conference MODTECH 2010, May, (2010.)