THE RISE, SHINE AND DECAY OF TOPIC MAPS
The paper presents a brief review of the current state of Topic Maps (TM) and an analysis of its evolution on the market, trying to understand why a technology with brilliant perspectives is no longer in the spotlight. In the end, the paper points out some of the reasons that led to a decline of the visibility of TM in the world of Computer and Information Technology.
2. M. Biezunski, “Topic Maps Now”, June 23, 2017 https://www.xml.com/articles/2017/06/23/topic-maps-now/
3. ISO/IEC 13250-2:2006 “Information technology -- Topic Maps -- Part 2: Data model”.
4. S. Pepper, “The TAO of Topic Maps: Finding the Way in The Age of Infoglut” Conference Proceedings XML Europe 2000, Paris, France, 2000, pp. 167-180.
5. S. Pepper, “Published Subjects: Introduction and Basic Requirements”, Working Draft 9 Mar 2003, https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/download.php/1217/wd-pubsubj-introduction-01.htm
6. S. Pepper, G. Moore, “XML Topic Maps (XTM) 1.0,TopicMaps.Org Specification”, http://www.topicmaps.org/xtm/1.0/
7. ISO/IEC 19756:2011 Information technology -- Topic Maps -- Constraint Language (TMCL)
8. JSON Topic Maps (JTM), http://www.cerny-online.com/jtm/
9. H. Thomas, T. Redmann, M. Pressler, B. Markscheffel, “GTMalpha – Towards a Graphical Notation for Topic Maps”. L. Maicher, L. M. Garshol, (eds.): Subject-centric Computing. Fourth International Conference on Topic Maps Research and Applications, TMRA 2008, Leipzig, Germany, pp. 310-316.
10. L. M. Garshol, "Tolog – a Topic Maps Query Language." Charting the Topic Maps Research and Applications Landscape. Springer Berlin Heidelberg, 2006, pp. 183-196.
11. T. Neidhart, P. Pinchuk, and B. Valentin, “Semantic Integration of Relational Data Sources With Topic Maps”, Linked Topic Maps - Fifth International Conference on Topic Maps Research and Applications, TMRA 2009, 2009, pp. 185–192.
12. R. Cerny, “Topincs: A Software for Rapid Development of Web Databases”, Proceedings of the Internetional Conference on Knowledge Management and Information Sharing, KMIS 2011, SciTePress, 2011, pp. 187-194.
13. Topic Maps Research and Applications, http://tmra.de/
14. L. M. Garshol, “What Are Topic Maps”, September 11, 2002, https://www.xml.com/pub/a/2002/09/11/topicmaps.html