A REVERSE ENGINEERING APPROACH TO OBTAIN THE 3D MODEL OF A SPARE PART
The current stage is characterized by the steady growth of competition between manufacturing companies, which causes diversifying the range of products and find new methods to shorten the time for the development of a new product. There are several concerns in this respect, one of them being the reverse engineering, which uses information from an existing product that can be processed, analysed and used for the design of a new product or for achieving a copy of the current product in a situation in which the spare parts are required. The current manufacturing is based on the use of the digital data of the virtual model of the workpiece which must be achieved. This paper presents the use of reverse engineering in order to obtain the 3D model of a complex piece, the purpose being to manufacture spare parts.
2. Baban, M., Baban, C.,F., Buidos,T., Stanasel,I., A reverse engineering approach for the products development, Nonconventional Technologies Review, no.1, 12-17, ISSN 2359 – 8654; ISSN-L 2359 – 8646, ISSN 2359 – 8646 (2015).
3. Nedelcu, D., Avasiloaie, R., Florea, D., Rajic, A - Applications of the Rapid Prototyping Technology to Manufacture the Pelton Runners, Analele Universităłii “Eftimie Murgu” Reşiţa, anul XX, nr. 1, p191-198, ISSN 1453 – 7397 (2013).
4. Nedelcu, D., Rajic, A, Florea, D., Avasiloaie, R., - The Reverse Engineering of a Spring Support using the Noomeo Optinum 3D Scanner and the Rapidform XOR3 Software, Analele Universităłii “Eftimie Murgu” Reşiţa, anul XX, nr. 1, p199-203, ISSN 1453 – 7397 (2013).
5. Srinivasa Rao Darimireddi, 2 T.Suresh Prakash - Spur Gear Progress Using Rapid Prototyping by Reverse Engineering . International Journal of Research (IJR) Vol-1, Issue-11 December 2014, 1222 – 1229 , ISSN 2348-6848 , (2014).
6. Wego, W., Reverse Engineering: Technology of Reinvention, CRC Press, Taylor & Francis, (2010).
7. Vinesh R., Kiran J., F., Reverse Engineering - An Industrial Perspective, Springer-Verlag London Limited (2008).
8. http://www.shining3dscanner.com, accessed on 22 December 2017.