GRAPE PROCESSING TECHNIQUES IN A HIGH FREQUENCY ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD
This paper presents results obtained by numerical modeling and experimental results of grape processing in a high frequency electromagnetic field. Numerical modeling was performed using the HFSS 15.0 software, and for experimental measurements we used an applicator with adjustable power. We analyzed the behavior of three varieties of grapes characterized by different flavor and color. In our study we aimed at establishing effective processing techniques both energetically and to obtain a high quality final product.
2. Aronsson, K., Rönner U., Influence of pH, water activity and temperature on the inactivation of Escherichia coli and Saccharomyces cerevisiae by pulsed electric fields, Innov Food Sci Emerg Technolgies, 2, pp. 105–112, (2001).
3. Gásková, D., Sigler K., Janderová B., Plásek J., Effect of high-voltage electric pulses on yeast cells: factors influencing the killing efficiency, Bioelectrochem Bioenerget, 39, pp. 195–202, (1996).
4. Alvarez I., Condon S., Raso J., Microbial inactivation by pulsed electric fields, Pulsed electric fields technology for the food industry. New York: Springer, pp. 97–130, (2006).
5. Toepfl S., Heinz V., Knorr D., High intensity pulsed electric fields applied for food preservation, Chem Eng Process 46, pp. 537–546, (2007).
6. Metaxas A.C., Meredith R.J., Industrial Microwave Heating, Peter Peregrinus LTD (IEE), London (UK), (1983).
7. Tulasidas T.N., Raghavan G.S., van de Voort F., Girard R., Dielectric Properties of Grapes and Sugar Solutions at 2,45 GHz, Journal of Microwave Power and Electromagnetic Energy – Vol. 30, No.2, pp. 117-123, (1995).
8. Bénédicte Lorrain, Isabelle Ky, Laurent Pechamat, Pierre-Louis Teissedre, Evolution of Analysis of Polyhenols from Grapes, Wines, and Extracts, Molecules, 18, pp. 1076-1100, (2013).
9. Bandici L., Vicas S., Bandici G. E.; Teusdea A. C., Popa D., Physical-chemical, biological, and sensory analyses in grape processing using the high frequency electromagnetic field. Engineering of Modern Electric Systems (EMES), 11-12 june 2015. 13th International Conference.DOI: 10.1109/EMES.2015.7158406. Publication Year: (2015), Pages: 1 - 6, IEEE, Conference Publications. ISBN: 978-1-4799-7649-2. INSPEC Accession Number: 15295949