ASPECTS REGARDING THE APPLICATIONS OF THE NANOINDENTER IN THE CHARACTERIZATION OF ADVANCED MATERIALS
The development of new materials is a research area with major implications in all fields, starting with the industry up to medical sciences. The ability to use these new materials in areas where their impact will be significant is largely dependent on the ability to precisely determine their characteristics in order to identify those characteristics that are either unique or has a better value. The paper aims to present the applications of the nanoindenter in identifying mechanical characteristics of materials with an example of characterization for an alloy used in the medical field.
2. Charles Featherston, Eoin O’Sullivan, A REVIEW OF INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC SECTOR STRATEGIES AND ROADMAPS, A CASE STUDY IN ADVANCED MATERIALS, Centre for Science Technology and Innovation, Institute for Manufacturing, University of Cambridge, March, 2014.
3. http://www.erris.gov.ro/main/index.php? Advanced Materials Research Infrastructure – SMARTMAT, accessed march 2016.
4. Keysight Technologies, Keysight Nano Indenter G200, Data Sheet,2014
5. ISO 14577, Metallic Materials – Instrumented indentation test for hardness and materials parameters.” , 2002.
6. Keysight Technologies, Keysight Technologies Nano Indenter G200 ISO Manual, 2009 Agilent Technologies Nano Indenter G200, User’s Guide,2012.