PERPENDICULARITY DEVIATION AND SURFACE ROUGHNESS IN ABRASIVE WATER JET CUTTING OF CARBON STEEL
Abrasive water jet is cutting tool capable to cut a wide range of materials. Investigation on perpendicularity deviation and surface roughness in abrasive water jet cutting of carbon steel is proposed in this paper. Full factorial design of experiment with three factors, abrasive flow rate, traverse rate and standoff distance, each in two levels is employed to investigate perpendicularity deviation and surface roughness. The analysis of means and analysis of variance are employed to determine effect of factors on perpendicularity deviation and surface roughness. Regression analysis was used to find correlation of perpendicularity deviation and surface roughness versus process factors.
2. ISO/TC 44 N 1770/2010 Water jet cutting-Geometrical product specification and quality.
3. Alberdi A., Suarez A., Artaza T., Escobar-Palafox G., Ridgway K., Composite cutting with abrasive water jet, Procedia Engineering, Vol.63, pp.421–429, (2013).
4. Ramulu M., Arola D., The influence of abrasive water jet cutting conditions on the surface quality of graphite/epoxy laminates, International Journal of Machine Tools and Manufacture, Vol.34, No.3, pp.295-313, (1994).
5. Babu M., Chety K., A study on the use of single mesh size abrasives in abrasive water jet machining, International Journal of Advance Manufacturing Technology, Vol.29, pp.532-540, (2006).
6. Maros Z., Taper of cut at abrasive water jet cutting of an aluminum alloy, Journal of Production Processes and Systems, Vol.6, No.1, pp.55-60, (2012).
7. Herghelegiu E., Contributions to the optimization of the water jet working parameters, Dissertation, University Vasile Alecsandri of Bacau, Romania, (2011).
8. Madic M., Radovanovic M., Mathematical modeling and analysis of AWJ cutting of carbon steel S275JR using ANN, Academic Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, Vol.9, No.2, pp.49-54, (2011).
9. Herghelegiu E., Radovanovic M., Brabie G., Tampu N., Influence of abrasive material quantity on surface quality generated by abrasive water jet operation, International Journal of Modern Manufacturing Technologies, Vol.3, No.2, pp.43-48, (2011).
10. Radovanovic M., Abrasive water jet cutting, Modelling and Optimization in the Machines Building Field - MOCM, Vol.3, pp.227-234, (2007).
11. Radovanovic M., Jankovic P., Madic M., Predictive models of traverse rate in abrasive water jet cutting based on RA and GA, Academic Journal of Manufacturing Engineering, Vol.10, No.1, pp.107-112, (2012).